Creating a Legacy for Your Loved One
Please accept our deepest sympathy. The death of a close friend or family member is a deeply personal experience. Please know the thoughts and prayers of your community are with you. We invite you to consider the creation of a charitable fund at Marion Community Foundation as a means to permanently memorialize your loved one.
Everyone deserves to be remembered.
Deciding how to best preserve the legacy of your loved one is an important decision. Marion Community Foundation is uniquely qualified to help you coordinate and establish charitable gifts in memory of your loved one through memorial contributions which benefit the causes, organizations, and programs you hold most dear.
You can establish a charitable fund in the name of your loved one at no charge through Marion Community Foundation. Select a local charity that is meaningful to you or your loved one, invite friends and family to make memorial contributions to the fund, and your loved one’s name will be permanently acknowledged for this generosity.
Marion Community Foundation is the trusted steward of more than 300 charitable funds and scholarships, created by families, like yours, to ensure that loved ones are remembered for supporting the causes and organizations, such as churches, schools, and nonprofit organizations, that matter to them.
Our Foundation friends will be truly missed. To make memorial contributions via our secure, online giving portal, click on the name of the person you wish to honor.
- Robert “Bob” Glenn Withrow
- Ed Henning
- Robert Vance
- Donald G. Hall
- Steven L. Ruth
- Mitch Libster
- Quintin Linn
- John W. McDaniel Sr.
- Howard A. Seckel
- John F. Steward
- Georgia Antjas Skevos
Through memorial contributions, it is easy to establish a charitable fund through Marion Community Foundation that will be named in honor of your loved one. The process is simple and your funeral director and the staff of Marion Community Foundation can help you.
- Decide that you want to honor the memory of your loved one by creating a permanent fund in the name of your loved one at Marion Community Foundation.
- Select a nonprofit organization for the fund to benefit. This can be a church, school, or charitable non-profit organization; or, you may decide to create a scholarship fund for the benefit of students pursuing higher education.
- Contact Marion Community Foundation. We have 20 years of experience in helping families like yours create the legacy you desire. We were created by the Marion community for the Marion community and will counsel you on your options in a courteous way that respects your wishes.
- Marion Community Foundation can provide you and your funeral director with the appropriate language for the obituary so friends and family will know how to make memorial contributions.
- When the time is right, meet with the staff of Marion Community Foundation to establish the memorial fund that matches your wishes and creates your loved one’s legacy.
We do all the rest.
Your loved one left an indelible mark in this world. You can help perpetuate that legacy forever through Marion Community Foundation. Here are some basic options when considering memorial contributions through your local community foundation:
- A permanent endowment gift named in honor and memory of your loved one that will provide annual gifts to local charities or scholarships. This requires a minimum contribution and we can work with you on ways to ensure you reach the minimum in a time frame that works best for you.
- A limited time gift named in honor and memory of your loved one that will provide gifts to local charities or scholarships based on the amount of the gift and the time frame you establish.
- A one-time memorial gift to any of our existing 400+ funds that currently benefit student scholarships or dozens of local charities.
- A one-time memorial gift to either our Forever Remembered Fund or our Community’s Memorial Scholarship Fund that will honor your loved one in the year of your gift.