Apply for a Grant
Thank You for applying.
Current status: 2022 applications are in review; awards are announced in October.
Application period: June-July 2023
Program Details: Annual grants program open to nonprofits and charities — with IRS 501(c)(3) or equivalent status — serving Marion County (Ohio). Grants may be awarded through this competitive process for any worthy charitable purpose serving the Marion area.
Local nonprofits look to the Marion Community Foundation to help meet known needs and move our community forward. Grant awards are intended to affect local change and develop community solutions.
Let’s Make Local Change
The Marion Community Foundation’s Community Grants Program provides funding to respond to the greatest needs of our city and county.
- Providing food, shelter and support
- Assisting the immediate needs of children, families, or seniors
- Impacting community development
- Bettering health and wellness
- Encouraging arts and culture
- Caring for animals and the environment
- Supporting education initiatives
Challenging the Community for Solutions
Marion Community Foundation believes our local nonprofits have solutions to Marion’s biggest challenges. We are offering grant dollars to envision, tackle, collaborate, or act upon problems aggressively. Nonprofits are challenged to think differently and propose ways to solve community issues with these grants.
- Seed a new idea
- Fund a multi-year community initiative
- Collaborations tackling critical community needs
- Collaborations addressing areas that will position Marion for future success
Additional Grant Programs available from Marion Community Foundation:
Other MCF Grant Programs
Marion Community Foundation administers other non-competitive grant awards supported by Field of Interest, Designated, Agency, and Donor Advised funds, as well as General Grants. Contact Foundation staff for more information.
We invest in nonprofit organizations that are striving to improve the Marion community. Our grantmaking is based on donor intent and the direction of both the Foundation’s Board of Directors and Grants Committee.
Steps for Grant Seekers
- Understand the Marion Community Foundation grant programs.
- Assess whether your program aligns with the possible grant funds.
- Explore the Foundation’s grant opportunities.
- Submit a grant application.